eSports fans, you ready for the big weekend?
This weekends finishes off the Regional Qualifiers where the top 4 teams of each region will be invited to the SMITE Pro League Kickoff
LAN. And not only that, but they'll also be the first 4 teams in their respective region to play in the 1st season of the Pro League. Especially in the European region, these top 4 spots are still up for grabs. With help from mlbstar17
, we've put together blog posts that go over the possible scenarios that each team in the current standings need to accomplish to receive their invite:
Five Angry Men (NA) and Agilitas (EU)
Cognitive Red (NA) and I I I I I (EU)
Team Coast Blue (EU) and SK Gaming (EU)
Here's some information on Week 10 of the Regional Qualifiers that may be valuable to all of you lovely people:
- Rama IS available for play
- Broadcast for North America will start 12:00pmEDT/18:00 CEST and for Europe it will start 9:00am EDT/15:00 CEST. Same times and same place (www.Twitch.tv/SmiteGame ) as usual.
- We will be broadcasting more games than normal. Each game that has a significance to the top 4 spots, we will be sure to highlight. This includes any quarter-final, semi-final, consolation and grand final matchups.
- IN CASE OF A TIE IN POINTS, we will hold a 1 game tie breaker match after the Grand Finals of the tournament. Teams are asked to stick around for this tie breaker as rescheduling will not be an option.
The other topic of discussion is the SMITE Pro League Play-in's
. These start July 19th (NA) and July 20th (EU) and are open for all teams except for the top 4 from the Regional Qualifiers. Here's the breakdown for this section of #SWC:
- Play-in Week 1 of 3 - July 19th + 20th: Open, single elimination bracket.
- Play-in Week 2 of 3 - Aug 2 + 3rd: Round robin (part 1) between the top 4 teams from Week 1 of the Play-in's. Each team will play each other once.
- Play-in Week 3 of 3 - Aug 16 + 17th: Round robin (part 2) between the top 4 teams from Week 1 of the Play-in's. Each team will play each other once.
- At the completion of Week 3, the top 2 teams from the Play-in's will be invited to the Pro League. This leaves 6 teams total for the Pro League and all other teams may compete in the Challenger Cup.
- In case of a tie at the end of Week 3, tiebreakers will be played immediately after the round robin section of Week 3. Teams are asked to stick around for this tie breaker as rescheduling will not be an option.
- In week 1, teams will be soft seeded from the Regional Qualifiers. The requirement for teams to be seeded into the Play-in's is they need maintain atleast 3 original members from their roster from the Regional Qualifiers. Seed's will be issued based on their Regional Qualifier points and other teams also participating in the Play-in's.
It's a lot to swallow, but there's a lot on the line. And this is only the beginning of this long journey to the SMITE World Championship.
See you this weekend!