Tribes: Ascend is the world’s fastest shooter - an online multiplayer FPS with jetpacks, skiing, vehicles, and multiple classes.
- Skiing: A slow soldier is a dead soldier. By holding down space bar you remove friction and build momentum to traverse large maps, hunt down targets, and escape enemy territory at intense speeds.
- Jetpacks: Total freedom of movement and aerial, dog-fight like combat
- Class-Based Combat: Nine classes, each with unique weapon loadouts and abilities.
- Escalating Intensity: In each match you earn credits for shooting down enemies or supporting your team’s objectives. Use these match credits to upgrade base defenses, access vehicles, or call-in tactical strikes. The longer you play, the more chaotic the match becomes.
- Vehicles: Pilot the powerful Beowulf tank, the speedy two-person Grav Cycle or the versatile flying Shrike.
- Beautiful, Massive Battlefields: Wage war in a variety of open environments including frozen wastelands, sprawling cities, and jagged mountains.
- Don’t Fight Alone: Friend-list allows you to link up with others and establish supremacy online
- Spectator Mode: Highly-detailed spectator mode allows you to zoom in on your favorite players, view player data, and switch between action hot spots on the fly.
- Team Deathmatch: Obliterate everything
- Capture The Flag: Bases, Vehicles and Strategy
- CTF Blitz: Variation on Capture the Flag where Flags move after every capture
- Arena: Smaller maps for intense five and five action
- Rabbit: Free for all chase after a single flag carrier
- Pathfinder: Pathfinders have amazing speed making excellent flag cappers and chasers
- Sentinel: A sniper capable of dealing damage at extreme range, the Sentinel is exceptional at attack or defense
- Infiltrator: With stealth capabilities and heavy explosives the Infiltrator can devaste and enemy defense
- Soldier: The Soldier is an easy to play, all-around balanced class
- Raider: The Raider is a durable attacking class with weapons that can wreak havoc on defenses and packs that offer extra protection
- Technician: The Technician is built for defense and repair keeping base structures online and developing turrets to bolster offenses
- Juggernaut: Juggernauts excel at long range bombardment and devastate the exterior of enemy bases with their mortars
- Doombringer: Doombringer is a heavy defender with exceptional anti-vehicle capacity and defensive tools such as force-fields and mines
- Brute: A heavy hitter with strong but basic weapons, the Brute prefers a direct approach to combat soaking up damage and dishing out punishment