Hi-Rez Studios is hiring an experienced Web Developer to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new online game projects.
What our Web Developers do:
Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
Designs and develops user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
Supports and develops web application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
Who we are looking for:
5+ years are web development and design experience
Advanced knowledge and/or experience in frontend development including:
- CSS preprocessing via SCSS (LESS, too)
- experience with common frontend workflow tooling (node, gulp, bower, ruby, et al)
Advanced knowledge of Wordpress CMS development including:
- Template authoring and customization
- Custom fields (ACF preferred)
- WP REST API
- Wordpress Plugin development
- Wordpress security
- Wordpress maintenance
- Advanced jQuery experience, including plugin development
- Design pattern best practices
- MEAN stack application experience
- Asynchronous client-side application development
- Framework experience: AngularJS, Ionic, etc
Intermediate system admin skills:
- basic Linux bash experience
- Windows server admin experience
- Error log monitoring processing
- Wordpress and server config management
- Salt stack experience a plus
- AWS experience